Song of Solomon 2:4 “He brought me to the banqueting house, And His banner over me was love.”
The Song of Solomon describes the joy of wedded love. Marriage was ordained by God (Genesis 2:24), and the marriage bed is holy to the Lord (Hebrews 13:4). However, most Christians understood that the relationship between the Shulamite and her lover was a picture of the relationship between Our Lord Jesus and His church.
In Song of Solomon 2:4, the Shulamite describes her lover took her to the banqueting house and his banner over her was love. This also describes Jesus as the lover of our souls how He draws us into His presence. If we are willing to listen to His voice and follow Him, He blesses us with His presence, and in His presence we can have three experiences:
- Divine communion – In His presence, we can have intimate fellowship with Him (Songs 2:5)
- Divine protection – In His presence, there is protection. To us, His banner over us is love, but to those outside, especially our enemies, His banner over us is protection and victory (Exodus 17:15)
- Divine provision – In His presence, He set before us a banqueting table, on the table, He provided everything we need and want.
Truly, it is good to be in His presence.
Psalm 16:11 “You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forever more”
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart please pray the following prayer.
“Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.”
If you have just prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, congratulations! We invite you to contact us as we would love to pray a blessing over your life and help guide you on your journey.
The next step. As a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptised as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.
God bless you.