Marriage is the joining of a man and a woman living together as husband and wife. Marriage is ordained by God. Marriage is the foundation of the family, and families are the pillars of society. The collapse of family units would lead to the collapse of a society.
God created marriage when He created the man and the woman. Genesis 2:18, And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”
God fellowshipped with man daily and though there were animals around, He understood that man needed a peer that he could relate to, so God created the woman. In the marriage, the man and the woman were able to become one soul and one body, and as both knew God, through Him they were one is Spirit.
Through marriage God is able to meet the needs of both men and women:
- Social need – they are no longer alone.
- Emotional need – they can love one another and fulfil one another’s emotional needs.
- Physical need – they have a meaningful sexual relationship within the confines of marriage. At the same time they are able to reproduce themselves to fulfil God’s command to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.
- The economic need – two is better than one, greater is the reward. Divorce can cause financial burdens.
- The security need – they can protect each other from attacks of the enemy
God knows everything. He is wise and His way is perfect. Marriage is holy to God.
Hebrews 13:4, “Marriage is honourable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.”
When we honour each other in the marriage, we are actually worshipping God through our marriage.
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart please pray the following prayer.
“Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.”
If you have just prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, congratulations! We invite you to contact us as we would love to pray a blessing over your life and help guide you on your journey.
The next step. As a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptised as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.
God bless you.