Our walk with God is a walk of faith from the beginning to the end. Abraham was a man with weaknesses and was capable of making mistakes, just like everyone of us. (Genesis 12:11-20). One thing Abraham attempted to do with all his heart was to obey God by faith.
- By faith, Abraham obeyed God by leaving his country and his kindred.
- By faith, when he entered the land of Canaan, the first thing he did was to build an altar and make a blood sacrifice to God to claim the Promised Land for his descendants.
- By faith, he offered up his son Isaac as a burnt offering to God, and fully expected God to raise him from the dead, for in Genesis 22:5 “And Abraham said to his young man, ‘stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.”
By passing this last test, Abraham proved to God that he held Him on the highest place in his heart even above Isaac, his dreams and his future. Due to Abraham’s level of faith, God promised Abraham that his descendants will be as numerous as the stars in heaven. God also promised that Abraham will be a spiritual father to all those who believed in God which will be as numerous as the sand on the seashore. Therefore, Abraham’s life journey was a journey of faith. He passed the ultimate test and became the natural father to the children of Israel and the spiritual father to all who believed in Jesus.
Abraham pleased God. Father Abraham is our example. As spiritual children of Abraham, we must seek God and His righteousness first and He will grant you the desires of your heart. (Matthew 6:33, Hebrews 11:6)
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart please pray the following prayer.
“Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.”
If you have just prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, congratulations! We invite you to contact us as we would love to pray a blessing over your life and help guide you on your journey.
The next step. As a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptised as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.
God bless you.