One month after the Israelites left Egypt, the harshness of the wilderness caused them to look back to Egypt. They missed their bread, vegetables and meat. When they complained to Moses, God told them He will rain bread from heaven for them. The next morning they discovered the camp covered with a small round substance as fine as frost on the ground. The Israelites called this bread “manna”. It was like white coriander seed and it tasted like wafers made with honey.
So for 40 years and everyday (expect the Sabbath) God rained bread from heaven for them in abundance. But on the day they entered into the Land of Canaan and started eating the local produce, the manna stopped. Even today some people still search for it, some find something similar, but nothing fits all the data describing the manna.
- God provided the manna every morning it came down with the dew at night.
- It is dry enough to be ground into flour
- It can be boiled or baked
- It tasted like wafers made with honey
- It started and stopped at God’s will
- It followed the Israelites, wherever they camped.
Even though the provision of manna was a miracle from God, Jesus said He was the true bread that came down from heaven and that he who comes to Him will never hunger and he who believes in Him shall never thirst. Therefore, Jesus is the spiritual bread from God, when we invite Him into our lives as Lord and Saviour our soul is satisfied and at peace for we have found the truth, for Jesus is the truth. (John 14:6) Like Peter said to Jesus in John 6:68, 69:
68 Then Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that you are the Christ, the Son of the Living God.”
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart please pray the following prayer.
“Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.”
If you have just prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, congratulations! We invite you to contact us as we would love to pray a blessing over your life and help guide you on your journey.
The next step. As a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptised as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.
God bless you.